Friday 7 December 2012

IIDD, Winer Solstice: Friday, December 7th

Talent develops in tranquillity, character in the full current of human life. -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749-1832) 


Mark wants to share some files with you using Dropbox. Message from Mark:

"Thought this would be an easy way to share stuff amongst members... Mark"

Dropbox lets you bring all your photos, docs and videos with you anywhere and share them easily.


Is anyone up for a ride late morning – early afternoon? Forecast looks promising. G

George,
    Need to get my bike to the shop this morning and I'm hoping it's just a quick adjustment. Should be OK after that (11 or so) if the timing works and the weather clears. Ray

USS Arizona!
Hello iPeletonii!

I'm keen to ride but as a newly minted Senior, I expect frequent stops and to be able to draft for full ride without having to take lead position. Unlike Robo Ray, you will not need to tether me, rather I plan to be towed, especially up Cypress or Heather, as the case may be, and certainly over CSTB. I'll probably require two "tugs" on the Horseshoe Bay/Seymour Demo run. Please contact Captain Barnacle for recommendations in this department. Big Al has already attached a reinforced towing spar to my handlebars so I'm ready to ride. Just let me know which coffee shop we plan to congregate at and when! Wassail Without Rhyme or Reason of Ancient Cyclist!


Happy birthday Pat!!,
Perhaps, along with your senior status card there will be a “mileage handicap” so you miles are equal to 1.33 of the rest of the under 65’s and you can have increased bragging rights!. I will also step up the r and d on the magneto-arm to be able to latch on to passing vehicles for when the going gets to be too much for you!. I’ve also found a bike with a combination large size clock on one side and odometer on the other to make it much easier to see you progress as I’m sure your eyes will be rapidly losing their focus now. Have a great ride, Cheers, Al 
CC Home Furnishings 20.25" Brown Bicycle Sculpture with Analog Clock Table Top Decoration

Ray,

Steph and Luke's baby Santa. 
xx
Works for me. Give us a heads-up when you know the timing. Thanks,G
  • Patrick James Dunn
    Trust you and Brunello are well! Thanks very much for the birthday wishes!
  • Carol Riera I love it when you write to me on Facebook. I can actually read it!! Glad it was a good one. Maybe our paths will cross in 2013; who knows? Bruno and I are very well and can't wait to have the boys home for Christmas.
     Baby santa George is NOT happy!!

Pat and George,
CC Home Furnishings 20.25" Brown Bicycle Sculpture with Analog Clock Table Top Decoration
Planning to ride with Pete tomorrow to Steveston. I'll be coming from Kerrisdale, so if you are interested we can meet at The Boulevard and 64th at 2pm. Chance to try the new tires on your mountain bike, Pat. Eventually enjoyed the ride today, in spite of the rain, cold wind, and blinding sun - quite the combination. Ray

Happy birthday Pat!
Perhaps, along with your senior status card there will be a “mileage handicap” so you miles are equal to 1.33 of the rest of the under 65’s and you can have increased bragging rights!. I will also step up the r and d on the magneto-arm to be able to latch on to passing vehicles for when the going gets to be too much for you!. I’ve also found a bike with a combination large size clock on one side and odometer on the other to make it much easier to see you progress as I’m sure your eyes will be rapidly losing their focus now.
Have a great ride, Cheers, Al 
Hi Big Al! 


Sorry that it has taken me so long to thank you for the wonderful bike with combo odometre/clock! I eagerly await the magneto-arm. Should certainly help my AVG, although my last long, lonely ride seems to bode well for the future.


 Guess I won't be in touch again until we are on the road. So much to do before we leave on Wednesday morning, for Portland, that I hardly know where to start. At any rate, Happy Christmas and a Heathy New Year to you and Marilyn and the The Young Brothers, Sue and Hearldo! Fondestos and Cheers, Cora Lee, Chloë and Patrizzio!

Movie: Not sure if you have seen this clip or not but great to know that Hitler was just a little kid like the rest of us!
Dear Patrick,

Sorry I missed your actual day. It have been away in Dublin on business.  Hope you had fun celebrating this special occasion with your friends and family yesterday.  We are both coming back to Vancouver on April 3rd - me for a couple of weeks and Andre for longer - so hope we all manage to meet up then, assuming you are not away on your travels.

Take care, seasons greetings and much love to all, Rosemary XXX

P.S.  The thoughts are mine - the spelling is my iPad!

Hi Rosemary and Andre!

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Rosemary. Trust you are safely home, Andre. Terrific that you'll both be back in April. Enjoyed seeing Andre this time around and I know Imre was very pleased to have had a visit.

Happy Christmas and a Healthy New Year to you both. Fondestos and Cheers, Cora Lee, Chloë and Patrizzio!




Hi Tinsel Town!

Thanks so much for addresses. Much appreciated. Would you like some of the small animal ornaments that Mom had? If so, I'll pack them night before we leave, at 3:00am, at the rate I'm going! Running around like a chicken with its head cut off! Love, Poppa "We Don't Need No Stinkin' Fans! San!

No comments:

Post a Comment