Thursday 5 July 2012

IIDS: Thursday, July 5th

The ring always believes that the finger lives for it. -Malcolm De Chazal, writer and painter (1902-1981)


Floor to ceiling snow – the view of the Andes Mountains, July 2012

scotophobia
Fear or hatred of Scottish people or culture.

I always wondered why 'Orrible was fussed playing against Glasgow and I!

Today is the Tour de Fer à Cheval Baie! Riobo Ray and I visited five stores yesterday. Need to talk with you and Jacob's Ladder first, however. I'll send out an APB on ferry we plan to catch from Nanaimo so if you are interested, you might consider hooking up.



P,
Have a good ride to HB – the perfect day for a ride. Say hello to Grogg.
Maybe we can talk to you and Cobby about bikes next week.
Safe travels -- see you Sunday evening. W


Patriçio,

My son Michael has a *very* light road bike … $1,200.  Personally, I do not see the need to go further.  Problem with road bikes, is that (surprise!) they are for the road.  Perform very badly on anything but a hard smooth surface.

hasta la vista//bjp

Hi Patrice,

Hmmm, I'm salivating at the thought of popping one of those tasty morsels in 
my mouth! All I need is a pressure cooker ..oh but wait that's my life! 
haha.
Good luck on the trek to the Millionaires and I would like to join but 
speaking of Millionaires Colleen is off to Palm springs today until Monday 
night and Jesse is working Saturday so I wouldn't really want to leave Jake 
alone. Next week is looking good though.

The bike shopping sounds very interesting and reminds me that I will 
probably want to upgrade my wheels before too long . I love the nimbleness 
off the mountain bike and being able to hit a few small jumps and of course 
the resilience of the frame in the face of stationary objects! but something 
more "roadish "would be good for these longer rides. As far as the new bikes 
goes in respects to the prices I just wondering the feasibility of riding 
while wearing a barrel with suspenders, sounds a little uncomfortable don't 
you think? . I remember when an eight hundred dollar bike seemed outrageous 
jeesh!

Have fun and say hi to the Grog and Lurch for us. Talk to you soon. Cheers, Al



The next gathering of the NRBC is this Sunday, July 8th, at the Island Inn. Hope to see you there.
The book is Greenmantle, by John Buchan (Guy). The other title to avoid reading after the Buchan is Ithaca, by David Davidar (George).

Tatlow Park alert, Luna dog & Molly Mop threat, Yoginis...

P,
The MT and I were out walking Luna at Tatlow Park when this fierce beast, raging at the end of her chain, charges Luna. A nearby Yogini, who seemed very familiar, rescued Luna from certain death however seemed a little miffed that her Yoga has been interrupted. W







No comments:

Post a Comment