Wednesday 18 July 2012

IIDS: Wednesday, July 18th

Rigi Kulm

On the way to...
Some stories are true that never happened. -Elie Wiesel, writer, Nobel laureate (b. 1928) 


Dr Zugersee

Nadienka's java!

Michele Darrow-Sutherland
Michele Darrow-Sutherland: "30th wedding anniversary with an amazing husband and father"



Wayne Sutherland
Wayne Sutherland: "30 years ago today at Acadia University the two most important people in my life got together to become one. In has been an amazing time and although there might have been a few bumps along the way I would not change where we are today for anything. My love for Michele grows stronger every day."

Hi Darling Jean!

Simply stunning photographs! Thanks so much. Friday evening was the start of the Folk Fest. Missed you both, remembering when you attended with us! Ayn arrived last night so it will continue to be a busy time until she leaves on the 23rd. Cora Lee's 65th is on Thursday and the four of us will celebrate it together at Vij's, I think. Ayn has "suggested" Indian and everyone likes the place. Even better, we can walk as it is on 11th, just off Granville.

At the moment, we are planning to leave for Winnipeg on the 29th but this is not writ in stone. Depending on a whole host of other issues, (Mother, other social comitments, etc.), we might not leave until the 30th or even the 31st. We plan to be back some time around the 24th or 25th. Will look forward to a visit in September. Until then, take care of each other. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!




Hi Chris and Jim!

Trust you are enjoying winter! Not sure if Raymondo has mentioned our joint search for carbon fibre road bikes. Took two out yesterday at WestPoint Cycle on 10th and Alma. First was a CF hybrid, 22lbs and then two very high end road bikes, about 16lbs. Loved the latter and mine even had electronic shifting! Sara will reconfigure stem and bars to include brakes on handlebars and once that is done, we'll take them out again. I will wait and see how I feel with next configuration but I'm still leaning away from drop handle bars to my up-turned version, for comfort sake. Ray mentioned he'd have to keep tutoring for next five years to pay for this expensive bike!

Hello and fond regards from The Sisterhood! Cheers, Patrizzio! 
                                                   
Lads,

I am able to ride tomorrow morning 9 – noon if that works for anyone.

G

George et al,
    Can't tomorrow. Dentist early Friday morning - should be available about 10:00 if anyone interested. Also awaiting bike shop which will have our test bikes ready to our specifications soon. Patriccio Van Dunne is looking at a 16 lbs. ORANGE bike with electronic gear changing- defection to the Team Holland in the works?
Ray

Syllables govern the world. -John Selden, historian and politician (1584-1654) 

Hi Patrice et al,

I have a chiro appointment at 10:00 near Brentwood and could meet after if you're doing deep cove or somewhere in the eastern areas of town or could head downtown via central valley trail ,but don't think I would want to travel as far as horseshoe bay after that, after all I'm a bit rusty on the grand fondo type of rides you are used to. Let me know your plans and I'll try and join up.

Thanks, Al




had a great time in Kitsilano retracing my childhood stomping grounds

Ayn P
: at my parent's dining table in Vancouver planning the day...lunch with John and then dinner with cousin Lori Vogt"











Friday morning ride with Team Holland!

Hi Lads!

I'm keen to hit the trail on Friday and open to route suggestions. Horseshoe Bay? Deep Cove? Let me know about time and destination. Cheers, Il Conduttore!



Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay.  I had aimed to get the bikes ready for today but the day was crazy.  I have the bikes booked in to be set up tomorrow so they will be ready to ride for either late in the day tomorrow, Friday, Saturday or Sunday at the Tenth Ave. store.  I know it's just in time for the rain but we don't mind if the bikes get wet as long as you don't :-)

Let me know when you'd like to stop by.

Cheers, Sara

Sara,
    No problems. I'd like to get in late tomorrow afternoon but not sure if I can make it or not. I'll try and give you a call. Otherwise it will have to be Friday.
Ray

P,

Hope you had a good visit with Rick. He sure sounded puzzled when he found me on the phone.

Why don’t you come here at 9AM and we will head out from here. Alternately, I can be at the HB terrace at 9:15. I need to be back before noon.
I think we can easily do Iona in that time and a little more. W

“No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up” Lilly Tomlin


 Thank you for the Folk Festival report. What a special event that always is!. And nice to see the pics.
I will be in residence in MH -- truck offloads on Aug 1. Apt will still be chaotic for a few days--but very glad to offer a bed to Wpg bound pilgrims. My tel will still be 403.540.5966. Or you can message me on FB or email. Blackberry is never off and only occasionally neglected for half an hour or so.
If you have a cell phone # for Chloe I will definitely want to see her for a coffee or maybe a couch surfing nite or two. I am also going to spend some time with Bob this trip before heading for Duncan to see son Mark and friends William and Mary Pike.
Happy Birthday and much love to Corinne. Hi to Ayn. I hope you enjoy a Vancouver trip. Am I correct that it is a while since you have been to Island Inn? Hope the day is perfect.
Jim 




No comments:

Post a Comment