Tuesday 6 November 2012

IIDD, Chill November: Tuesday, November 6th, US Election Day!

A decent provision for the poor is the true test of civilisation. -Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784) 

US Election Day!

Photos of Obama in his last week of Campaigning

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/11/04/politics/obama-inside-bubble-photos/index.html 
Xav after voting!

Thanks Chloë, Love Dad!
12 minutes ago
Congratulations Mr President...and thank you American voters who stand up for more than just their own personal interests! Four more years!!
P,

Great ride – you more than doubled my paltry stats. I hosted lunch for my mechanic which I think is a good investment for any serious rider…

Tanner squared might me a good addition to the NRBC.

I think the subject header SEX should be used in all e-mail correspondence.

Thanks for the photos. W

Sex, paltry, mechanics, Tanner clan...

P,

Thought you might like this update on the Tanner clan. W


  • Ayn P You make such a great couple...Pierre says congrats on the engagement!!
  • Patrick James Dunn My name is Dr Smile and I'd like to hire you two to pose for an ad for my dental practice!
George,
 
I agree, it was a fine ride. Stephen was fine - I dropped him at his place (20th just west of Main) shortly after 2:00. We took it easy up Heather and then along 37th to Ontario. He was able to talk the whole way, which was our yardstick for an appropriate speed. I continued on via CVGWay and was home just after 3:00. I rode 91 km for the day - more than I would normally choose, but well worth the effort. I'll keep you posted on the email address...
    
8^) cheers, Mark


Pat and George,
    That looked like a lot of fun. Sorry I missed it. An 'official' ride, Pat?
Ray
Hi Raymond, et al!

Robo Man, you were sorely missed and it is too bad as I think you would have enjoyed the Still Creek episode, in particular. I guess I can't really log outing as "official" due to this environmental assessment stop. However, some personal sacrifices must be made for the Advancement of Science and Progress!

Must say that I am more than impressed with Marcus Aurelius' distance, (91K), so feel somewhat comforted by the fact that my "burning feet" were scorched in the pursuit of a good cause! With Stevealimo a new Peletoni, I'm sure we could attract Ragin' back into the fold, what with all the on-the-hoof chatter and copious coffee breaks taking priority over exercise and distance!

Almost had Giggster persuaded to travel to Iona with me but his loyalty to family or, more particularly, to his bike mechanic, over-rode, so to speak, his fealty to the Peleton,! Any word on JTTHF's interest in the Campagnolo?
Hope to swim later this morning and will try to emulate some of those amazing Chum battling tirelessly against the fairly strong current of Still Creek. Let's be in touch about another ride later in week, as weather allows. Cheers, Patrizzio!

PS: I'm unable to attach the Chum Documentary video as file size is too large for my email client. It can be viewed next we rendezvous at the HBT or whilst sipping maltage! 

Erich Franz wrote:
--------------------
I'd like to add you to my professional network on LinkedIn. Nice to see you're connected to Daniel N. We're going to

see Lori R. at the Tulalip on Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving here. Nola and I are doing fine, as I trust you are after these several years of hiatus. Erich 


Hi Erich!

Lovely to hear from you. Cora Lee and I are both well and busy. We are scheduled to leave Vancouver, (as of this writing!), on December 12th. We want to take our time traveling south to LA to spend Christmas with Ayn, our eldest daughter, and Los Horridos, our grandsons, both in university. Chloë, our youngest daughter, and Clarisse and Dusty, my in-laws, will fly down. We are actually house-sitting for Ayn's cousin, Rick, who has a gorgeous home in Simi Valley. He and his family will spend holidays in Bora Bora to celebrate his 60th. Have already been in touch with David and Nancy, friends in Berkeley, and mentioned that we will probably arrive on their doorstep sometime around the 18th/19th/20th, depending on how long we spend wine-tasting in Sonoma/Napa!

Cheers, Patrizzio!


Patrick,send you more photos,Brianna,Bradley(our grandchildren)all the pictures at our property at the lake.Joe

Hi Stefano!

More than impressed with your landscape gardening and jazz piano lessons. What a wonderful way to expand your musical repertoire! Put a mouth organ on a neck holder and a drum set beside the piano and you can busk on the streets of Castlemaine to pay for gas for our road travels North! Am I correct in remembering that your Mother played the piano? I have a vague notion that you mentioned this at some point in the distant past.

Thanks for update on telemovies. I do like Guy Pierce and have done so ever since I saw him in LA Confidential.



When Giorgio and I went to the Macallan Tasting at the Eclectic Owl, a few weeks ago, now, I noticed a poster advertising a Jill Barber concert.  Do you know her crooning? The concert is on the 25th of this month and I bought tickets. Anniversary present along with dinner there beforehand so looking forward to evening. Will have to work it into the novella!

Cora Lee is attending an all day workshop on basic law for charitable organizations at Creekside CC today. Hope to swim later this morning and will try to emulate some of those amazing Chum battling tirelessly against the fairly strong current of Still Creek. Dusty is recovering two chairs with some gorgeous fabric Coriandre bought a few months ago. He is astounding. Clarisse is making a meat-loaf for dinner. My mouth is already watering! Cheers, Patrizzio!


PS: Record some of your jazz numbers and send along a file or two. Unfortunately, I'm unable to attach the Chum Documentary video, (National Geographic Nomination for Best First Conservation Film!), as file size is too large for my email client!

Hola Patricio,
First off, no worries about Panama.  We had assumed that was the case and Lynnie is meeting with the lawyers today to kick off the lawsuit.  You’ll be hearing from my people soon.  It’s a good thing you and Corine have maintained a financial separation, so at least she’ll have some money for her old age.

Secondly, the timing of your pre-Christmas shindig will be perfect for us.  We’re returning from Mexico that day, arriving YVR about 3:30 PM.  We were going to drive straight home, but we’ll plan on staying over and attending the great event so keep us posted.  We’ll stay at Granville Island Hotel so it will be a short and convenient stagger home.  (I hope you’ll be able to separate any ill will due to the upcoming litigation from our friendship, so I’ll assume the invitation still stands).

Lastly, we can talk about the possibility of meeting up somewhere, sometime in the southern part of the USA.  We haven’t any other plans for January/February so if I’m not committed to any work travel and the Four Strong Winds blow us out of Naramata we might come after you.  I’m reading Neil Young’s rambling biography “Waging Heavy Peace”, which is not great writing but great rock and roll history.  His renditions of that classic Ian Tyson song are the best. Cheers for now, Peter 

Hi Litigious Lynne and Jurisprudent Jugos!

Trust you are both well and that the lawsuit is proceeding nicely! In fact, Cora Lee is attending an all day workshop on basic law for charitable organizations at Creekside CC in Olympic Village today. Given that The Islay Inn seems to attract hangers-on, freeloaders and dipsomaniacs, we qualify as a charitable society in spades!!! Have you been to the gym lately, Peter, to relieve the stress of the coming legal battle?

Fabulous that you will be able to make our pre-Yuletide gathering. Perhaps we can arrange an out-of-court settlement over some malt sippage! I'm sorry that we cannot offer you the Supreme Court Suite but we have been unable to evict, (even with Sarge's considerable help), two long-term squatters, Chloë and Maggster! Might I suggest that you re-direct your time, energy and legal resources to ridding the "nest" of such unwanted inhabitants. The end result would be that we could probably afford any damages you might be granted in the Panama vs Penticton suit.



Please direct any further correspondence to our lawyer, Richard Toews, QC, of the Squamish Waldorf, late of Hotel Kits, our in-house counsel. That being said, we remain predisposed to think of you as friends, believing that the undue stress of the recent harvest and "threshing gang" meal preparation have slightly unhinged your already unhinged selves!

Bon Voyage to Los A
ndes and Mexico. From this side of the mediation desk, Fondestos from Cora Lee, Chloë and Maggie  to you both. They wish you Buona Fortuna in re-attaching your hinges! Cheers, Patrizzio!



Hello Cyclistii!

In case you encounter road rage when cycling! As well, this would seem to explain why Raymondo, normally as meek and mild as Clark Kent, was so pugnacious when a younger lad. I presume he was more interested in the recovery process than actually engaging in fistacuffs but needed an excuse to obtain former! Cheers, Patrizzio, on behalf of St John's Ambulance!


 Hi Pat, 

I've forwarded this to Stephen. Thanks for passing along the photos from what wast truly a glorious day's ride. I dropped Stephen at his place (on 20th, just a few doors west of Main) at just after 2:00, then took 10th and CVG home. I had 90.4 km on my odometer by the time I parked my bike - that's my longest ride ever! 

One minor correction: It was Stoney Creek that we crossed on the little wooden bridge, right at its confluence with the Brunette River.  8^) cheers, Mark


Hi Marcus Aurelius!

Thanks for clarification on stream name! I notice, however, that you did not make note of the fact that I attributed your ride distance as 91K not the laughable 90.4K you admit to completing! Rounding down it is but a meagre 90K. Hardly worth the effort!!!

In fact, good for you. I trust your knees are not suffering. Hope to see Stevealimo at the next NRBC. If he can make it, please tell him to invite his wife, Elizabetta. I take it that is her name. Cheers, Patrizzio! 



P,

What I meant to say before I hit the hair trigger on the phone is that I cannot recall what it is you are offering to Cobbster? A full bike with Campy parts or...? 

Thanks, W
P,

Please forgive my fading memory, would you mdescribe the Campy again. Nd


Hello Giggster!

If I didn't know better, I would assume you are tippling maltage, what with all the textual errors and loss of memory that seem all too, too readily apparent! I am offering an early 1970's Campagnolo with most of the original hardware. I believe I had to have some sprocket or other replaced with a non-original part but rest is as was. (I might even have replaced parts but need to check storage locker first.) Trust this speaks to some deep mnemonic part of your brain stem! Picked up an interesting Edradouur today. Chardooonnaaaaay cask finish! On second thought, perhaps you don't need any malt for a bit! Cheers, Il Conduttore!!!

Hello peletonians,
Very glad you had a nice outing, I knew it would be as obviously the weather was perfect and the sun streamed through my window beckoning me . It was all I could do to not shirk my responsibilities and join you!, especially with you riding through my neck of the woods. Oh well with any luck I will have another opportunity before long. Speaking of luck, check out how lucky this Russian truck driver was! Cheers, Al  
Hi Big Al!

Really too, too bad that you couldn't have joined us in your own back yard! I wonder if the Russian truck driver escaped with only a black eye. That would truly have been his lucky day!!! Cheers, Il Conduttore!
At Hartford, CT, December 1966, my first beard.

Patrick James Dunn Who is your stand-in?

Home Partick?

Pat,
    What's a good time to catch you at home tomorrow? I have book reviews etc. to pass along.
Ray
Hi Reymand!

Are you looking for a sock in the face, calling me "Partick!" I knew you were fond of the "treatment" but didn't realize it carried over into your mature years!!!

Haven't heard from any peletonii but I'm keen to ride to Horseshoe Bay domani, given forecast. I gather your are not interested yet. Probably won't leave until around 10:00am. Cora Lee will be in and out but I think Clara and Dusty will be next door all day. Sorry to be so evasive but you could leave reviews on one of the chairs by the patio door if nobody is home. Should be back by 4:00pm at latest. Give me a shout in the morning and we can chat about what might work best. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!

 

Hi again, Joe and Rose!

Thanks so much for the gorgeous pictures from Paradiso! Your grandchildren are delightful and we are envious of your flowers and tomatoes! Not to mention your unbelievable view of the lake!!!

This is a picture of our eldest grandson, Pierre, taken after he voted! Corinne send s her fond regards to you both. Cheers, Patrizzio! 


 

PS: Snaps of chairs Dusty finished recovering this afternoon! 

Dear Paternostrum,
Thank-you for keeping us abreast of the latest first- aid techniques... Cheers, Stephen

 Hi Stevie Wunderkindt et al!

Please keep this first aid kit in one of your panniers whenever you join us. Better safe than sorry! Cheers, Patrizzio, aka Paternostrum/Il Conduttore, The Godfather of the Peleton!


Patrick,
Pretty fit looking group of guys.  I’m afraid I’m not up to your level of fitness, and a bit worried about the beach in Cancun.  Hope the lawsuit doesn’t drive you to excess drink! Cheers, Peter


Hi Jugos!

Malt drinkers all! The secret to a long, happy and ft life! Maggie is handling the lawsuit so I don't waste a moment fussing about it, knowing it is in good claws!!!

Haven't heard from any peletonii yet but I'm keen to ride to Horseshoe Bay domani, given forecast. Cheers, Patrizzio!


‎"...these arguments we have are a mark of our liberty" - President Barack Obama

Congrats Barack!!!! I knew you could do it!!!! Now let's all go down to Seattle and spark up!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment