Saturday 20 October 2012

IIDD, Moondance: Saturday, October 20th

Language is not an abstract construction of the learned, or of dictionary makers, but is something arising out of the work, needs, ties, joys, affections, tastes, of long generations of humanity, and has its bases broad and low, close to the ground. -Noah Webster, lexicographer (1758-1843) 
 

Thanks everyone!! Last night was the best night of my life and I feel so blessed to spend my life with the most amazing girl!!with Nicole Marie at The Westin Bayshore.


Rach and Kim at the Alibi Room!!!!

Hot Yoga,Brunch,Hair Did,Drinks and Dinner. WoW full Saturday!!!
Thanks everyone!! Last night was the best night of my life and I feel so blessed to spend my life with the most amazing girl!!with Nicole Marie at The Westin Bayshore.
 
Hi Pat,

Trust the memorial service for Annie went well; I still have a fond chuckle when I remember her asking me what sort of train I drove after I told her that I was an engineer!

I note with some pleasure that temperatures are starting to fall in inland BC and that Sun Peaks had had a light fall of snow with a little more forecast over the next few days – bring it on!

We have just come back from a week in the Flinders Ranges with Don and Anne; we based ourselves at Wilpena Pound and did daily trips out to our favourite spots – we’ve done it all before but never tire of the grandeur of the Flinders. Made sure we were always back by 4pm so that we could take advantage of the evening Happy Hour in the park restaurant – downing a beer or two (or three or …) and a few glasses of wine around the pool was a fitting way to end each day! The weather was just about perfect – warm days and cool nights – although the wind did pick up rather nastily one day and because it was from the north the park rangers issued a complete fire ban for a couple of days. No big deal really as they still allowed gas fired barbeques etc.



Tina’s Mum’s house is still in the early stages of repair – I think she’ll really be lucky if she’s back in by Christmas – fingers crossed maybe a little earlier.

My poor old Dad had another fall and spent three weeks in hospital; he fell in the lounge while Mum was still in bed so we’re not sure how long he lay on the floor before she found him. It’s only a matter of time before he’ll have to go into a nursing home – just waiting on Mum admitting that she can no longer care for him!

Other than that everything here is hunky dory; Tina’s knee has improved remarkably over the last week or so – she was able to do quite a bit of bush walking while we were away – can’t say that it was pain free though!

Great photo of the boys on Facebook – they sure are a pair of hunks – no wonder Ayn is so proud of them!

Please pass on our regards to all and sundry. Ooroo for now Trevor

No comments:

Post a Comment