Thursday 25 October 2012

IIDD, Moondance: Thursday, October 25th

You know what getting married is? It's agreeing to taking this person who right now is at the top of his form, full of hopes and ideas, feeling good, looking good, wildly interested in you because you're the same way, and sticking by him while he slowly disintegrates. And he does the same for you. You're his responsibility now and he's yours. If no one else will take care of him, you will. If everyone else rejects you, he won't. What do you think love is? Going to bed all the time? -Jane Smiley, novelist (b.1949)

Hello Fellow Peletonians!

I agree with Raymondo, 10:00-10:15am, (Vancouverites will leave by 10:15am if Burnaboids don't show by then or have not made contact with Giggster on his dumb phone!), at the CSTB, with Iona to follow! We can discuss other possibilities en route! Cheers, Il Conduttore!

Hello potential peletonions and technophobes,
I will see you at 10:00 at the aforementioned meeting spot. Marcus I will probably drive somewhere closer to skytrain as I will have to get backsoon after the Richmond leg. Let me know if you also want to do this, otherwise see you there. Al
Ray & Pat,

What time should we meet at Maple and King Ted? Is 9:45 soon enough? W
 
Hope to meet you at CTSB, but may have to pass. I'm editing a paper for Kathleen and need to get it back to her before I'm sprung. I'll text GW as the hour draws nigh...8^) cheers, Mark

Hi Lads!

9:30am, I think. See you there then. Cheers, Patrizzio!

 Okay, 9:30 start.

Hi Linnaea!

Thanks for the reminder! I've been quite busy, volunteering for two festivals, VIFF and VWF, of late. I do plan to pop by On the Rivet, with any luck, this weekend, as weather isn't supposed to be conducive for cycling! I am still interested in  a new helmet so please don't cancel the quotation. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!

PS: Managed a grand ride today, with same two lads who were at your booth. We cycled out to Iona and then they "abandoned" me at 37th and Cypress while I continued out to UBC to follow one of my regular routes around campus and environs. Managed to log 103.3K by the time I was home so quite pleased. Weather was so gorgeous that I simply didn't want to stop! 


Pat,
    Are you sure about the colour? Would have thought you'd want to match the frame.
    Thoroughly enjoyed the much shorter version today and felt quite good again.
Ray
Hi Lads!

You make a more than valid, if inconsequential, nay superfluous point, Raymond! I suppose I'll have to take The Sisterhood along to make sure that my cycling ensemble matches, is completely coordinated!

Glad that you are starting to feel better although the way the tether was stretched, I think you have been dissembling, both about your illness and slow recovery!!!

Having dinner with Kjell and Jane tomorrow night. I was contemplating riding but have to collect Coriandre from VPL where she is working on Friends' book sale until 6:30pm. Otherwise, an up-and-over, in the dark, no less! Do they have police road checks on the LG for cyclists? Cheers, Patrizzio!

...a few good women...

Hello! The subject line probably makes it look like I've taken up
affirmative action recruiting for the US Marines. But, no, that's not
why I'm looking for a "few good women" - and their men who like to be
pro-active with gift shopping.

All the designs I come up with for my company, Harobed Designs, are
made in either limited runs or are strictly one-of-a-kind. A
now-you-see-it, now-you-don't kind of thing. (And by limited run,
we're talking 5 or 6 pieces, no more than 10.)

That means, when women shop at our booth on Saturday at the Made By
Hand Show, only a FEW can buy what we offer. Everyone else will be out
of luck.


Take the lovely silver and teal vest I posted on my blog, there's just
one in existence! Only one lucky woman can buy this lovely vest!

 

The same is true of many of our items... especially the gorgeous
periwinkle blue vest I just made, or the luscious plum vest I finished
yesterday. (They're so new, I haven't had time to take photos, you'll
have to come to the show to see what I mean.)

All these exclusive finds are on sale at Booth 161, October 27, 11-5,
at the International Centre.

There's loads of parking but you can also get there by transit, look
up routes 58B on the TTC, with connections from routes 192 and 73C.
There's also service via Mississauga transit or MiWay as it's now
known.

Do stop by and treat yourself to an exclusive item for your wardrobe -
or for the closet of someone you love.

For details my blog is: http://inside-outstyleanddesign.blogspot.com

Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Harobed-Designs/167779129904463

Or the show itself: http://www.madebyhandshow.com
There is a modest admission charge at the door. Deborah

 
 Hi Deborah!

You are a busy one! Buona Fortuna with show!  Cheers, Patrizzio!


Hi Patrick,

We had a whopping 39% response rate to our survey, which is almost unheard of. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Even if you weren’t able to participate in the survey, I want all of you to know what we learned.

The highlights:
·      Many of you are drowning in email, but at the same time you prefer to hear about what’s going on at ForestEthics via email updates. You want short, punchy, to the point communications that deliver key information and action requests. No fluff, ever!
·      We don’t do a great job of getting back to you on the results of actions you have taken, whether it’s signing a petition or making a gift. We need to tell you how your investment in our work is being used or leveraged to achieve concrete goals.
·      You’d like to see more coverage of our press stories or media moments with an explanation of our behind-the-scenes work.
·      We need to get better at explaining our theory of change at ForestEthics – leveraging corporate power to protect forests and wildlife – and connecting to our various campaigns.
·      You said that E-newsletters are a great format for providing brief updates on what is going on. Our plan is to resurrect our E-newsletter in January of 2013.

Was it worth your time to tell us what you think about ForestEthics? Absolutely. Look for changes in the way we talk about and communicate our work to you and feel free to let me know if more improvements are needed. And, if you’re someone who wants to talk more about our survey findings don’t hesitate to give me a call or send me an email. Thank you again! Cheers, Mary


 







Mary Humphries

Director of Development

ForestEthics

No comments:

Post a Comment