Tuesday 30 October 2012

IIDD, Moondance: Wednesday, October 31st, Halloween!

You can't do anything with anybody's body to make it dirty to me. Six people, eight people, one person -- you can do only one thing to make it dirty: kill it. Hiroshima was dirty. -Lenny Bruce, comedian and social critic (1925-1966) 






All Hallows' Eve!












This is a video of saving a whale caught in fish netting and of how the whale showed its
appreciation.









Something for you, Kerry, and Tia to enjoy.
Ray
  
Ray,

Hope this finds you well.

Thanks for the Whale watching video. We were all enthralled.


I loved this video! Ayn


Greetings all,
its that time again and unfortunately I have been roped into growing the Mo for Movember.
As with last year the funds raised will go to research for Prostate Cancer and Men's Mental health.
If you can spare a buck or 2 it would be greatly appreciated. Just click on the link below.
I'll have a pic on the website in a few weeks.
In the meantime, thanks.
Oo Roo Kangaroo.
Tim



I thought you lads would enjoy this -- from a cycling friend in Boston and their (our) near winter rides:

"OK, it's cold, but at least it's dark." 

G














OK, it's light but at least it's raining!



Enjoying Road to Valour. If you haven't got a copy yet, George, you can borrow mine. It has about 2 weeks left and I'll be finished in a day or so.
Ray


Coincidentally, just got a VPL copy of Road to Valour myself and I am hooked already. Thanks for the offer. Maybe Mark would like to borrow it?

G


Thanks, George,
I enjoyed the Joe Queenan piece.

For any NRBCers who care to make like an Irishman and transcend reality (auditorily), I have an mp3 version of Thinking Fast, Slow. It even comes with a .pdf of the relevant illustrations.
Let me know if you're interested, and I'll pop it in a Dropbox folder for you. 8^) cheers, Mark



 David Kessler
Madrigali, madrigali, madrigali...sigh, so beautiful, dolcissimo sospiro....so grateful to have such heart-breaking soul-searing music floating through our home....

Patrick,
        Marilyn and I am really very sorry to hear that your mother died.  She was such a nice person.  She was really fortunate to have such good care from Corinne and you for so many years.  Also, when she was more herself, Corinne and you did a lot of things with her that she really enjoyed.  Further, to live almost 99 years was a remarkable thing and you were lucky to have her for so long. 
        I have been slowly recovering from the surgery and it has not been as bad as the first one three years ago.  However there is still a very long recovery to go.
        Best wishes, Mike


P,

Hope your dinner was more than Edible.

Great film lasterday -- thanks for getting me out to it.

Looks like I cannot renew the Kahneman. I doubt if I will get through it
much before the 13th but I will try.

Thinking, Fast and Slow
By Kahneman, Daniel (Book - 2011)
Barcode:31383098207841 Due:Nov 13, 2012

The forecast is most favourable for Thursday morning (the only good forecast
until May, 2013) so I will get out there unless it is teeming.

W


You’re #4 in the 7:30 set!

Kathryn




No comments:

Post a Comment