Tuesday 9 October 2012

IIDD, Moondance: Tuesday, October 9th

Between truth and the search for truth, I opt for the second. -Bernard Berenson, art historian (1865-1959) 

Virgin Tales

Lads,

Anyone interested in riding today. G

Hi Big Al and Whirlygig!

I'm wondering if either of you would be interested in a jaunt out to Deep Cove! We could meet somewhere on Hastings before we approach the Second Narrows. Let  me know of interest, if any, and possible times. If nobody is keen or able I think I might head out to Horseshoe Bay.

Pat,
    Everything looks swell at the Island Inn - best of food and wines and contented smiles from Corinne and Chloe. We had our neighbour, Ilsa, as well as Chris, Nevada, and Rob for turkey on Sunday. Ilsa brought a variety of German wheat beer and some strudel for dessert. The leftovers on the 2nd day were even better.
    Creole Belle is by James Lee Burke. I think he's an incredible writer.
    I have a medical appointment in the morning which will take some time so I won't be able to ride, unfortunately. Rains on the way by Friday if the forecast is accurate, so we should make the best use of the next few days. Ray
Hello world mind traveller,
I enjoyed your accounts of the films and meetings with such interesting people, what a great event to partake in! I don’t know if I’ll get down to see anything before it ends at the end of the week but if as you say some good ones return afterwards you could let me know some of your recommendations. My computer design course at BCIT  is quite time consuming but I’m enjoying it very much, It will be a very valuable tool for me to have and provide me with abilities in design that were impossible only a few years ago . Besides  homework I have bee working on the last frontier of home Reno's in the back basement with future consideration for a self contained suite. I’m putting in the infrastructure for a future small kitchen area for a student or son who feel’s like paying more rent or any rent for that matter! came be at home and still have some independence.
I have managed a few rides closer to home around the lake and also down to my chiropractor at Brentwood . Of course all of these require coming back up to our elevation and is a good workout ( remember Sussex). One surprising/ shocking thing happened to me last week as I waited to cross Canada way at Gilmore on the Sea to river bike route which makes it’s way up to Central park. As I was sitting there all of the sudden I felt a tremendous impact on the top of my helmet and the sound was deafening! I was totally shocked and looked around bewildered as I thought someone had tried to assault me from behind over the head with a club or something. I checked around me and there was no one to be seen,  I then looked around at drivers in their cars thinking out loud “did you not hear that?” no one made eye contact or seemed the least bit interested in my incident so I looked around me in all directions again trying to figure out what had happened. Then I saw it, a freshly broken open chestnut shell still rocking back and forth slightly after hitting the pavement. I looked up to see a chestnut tree and more of it’s potential missles rocking in the breeze ready to take out another unsuspecting victim !. I kind of laughed to myself and shook my head still amazed that I received such an impact and that no one was privy to my episode but myself and carried along once the light changed in my favour.
I enjoyed checking out the link and revisited the electric Koolaid acid trip test route, and I will peruse some more.
Wednesday could be good for me so far, I don’t think I could do an epic ride but would definitely love to get together for a couple of hours. Let me know what you have in mind and we’ll see if we can do it. Cheers, Al     
How about Thursday? 8^) cheers, Mark

Reported Web Forgery!
       
This web page at 193.106.107.152 has been reported as a web forgery and has been blocked based on your security preferences.
                
Web forgeries are designed to trick you into revealing personal or financial information by imitating sources you may trust.Entering any information on this web page may result in identity theft or other fraud.
Dear Patrick:
Reminder of our upcoming Volunteer Orientation:
Date: Thursday Oct 11
Time:
6:30 PM Doors open for volunteer package pick-up. Light refreshments on offer!
7:00 PM Introduction/welcome followed by break-out training sessions for volunteer committees/activities
Location: Waterfront Theatre, 1412 Cartwright St, Granville Island, Vancouver, BC
The orientation is an opportunity to learn the policies, procedures, expectations and benefits for Festival Volunteers, as well as important specifics about your role.  It is also a great chance to socialize, meet other volunteers and win a fabulous door prize!
It is essential for new volunteers to attend! 
And because roles and expectations change every year, we highly recommend that returning volunteers also attend.
If you are unable to attend the Orientation, and if you haven't let us know as yet, please let us know as soon as possible. Many thanks. 
We look forward to seeing you there! Sincerely, Kathryn Fowler, Volunteer Manager   

I'll be at game 4 of the Athletics v. Tigers series tomorrow! Let's see if we can't make this into a 5 game classic!!! Great baseball so far....and for me, almost a family tiff....
Helping others battle the griefs of mental illness is a gift that I invite you to make...both by participating in this event, and by being mindful in our daily lives....

No comments:

Post a Comment