Friday 15 June 2012

IIDS: Friday, June 15th

You've got to have something to eat and a little love in your life before you can hold still for any damn body's sermon on how to behave. -Billie Holiday, jazz singer and songwriter (1915-1959) 

Svalbard Global Seed Vault, the world’s largest repository of seeds.


Hi Marcus Aurelius et al!

Saw the dottore this morning and she gave me the go ahead to start cycling again! Your diagnosis was almost spot on, Concrete Man, as I had Double Pneumocroccus, a rare disease, transmitted from salties, (salt-water crocs), to humans whenever the human immune system lacks for malt!

In fact, I just returned from a leisurely ride around Stanley Park. Felt pretty good after being off for more than three months. Seawall was jammed with other bikers and walkers. Made quite a change from March when it was almost deserted, even on weekends. Of course, I'll be staying reasonably close to home for next little while, at least until I build up my fitness and malt levels! Cheers, Il Conduttore!

Brass Rocking Dog

Hi Mr Grizzle!

Launi Lucas Heron
From the looks of the current ReVision exhibition at GI, gather you are as busy as ever! Big Bird looks terrific! Great works, all around. Came down with a bout of pneumonia on June 2nd. Feeling better now, I'm pleased to report. Cheers, Patrizzio!


Hi Groggage!

Sorry about the mix-up! Glad it is on the 27th as this past Wednesday was already booked. Katie's in-laws, Angela and Roger Handsford, (They have ben staying in The Annexe), from Newfoundland, came for dinner, with Brian and Emma. Flamin' and Sarge were up for drinks and appetizers as Sarge knew Roger from the RCMP. Never worked together but had many colleagues in common. Only night we could connect. They left this morning so Chloe will be moving next door! Regards to Lurch. See you soon. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Bumped into Lee Bacchus on Broadway, outside of Young Brothers, earlier this week. Was pleased to learn that he is "back in the saddle again!" He has suffered from some pretty serious back trouble over the years, as you know. First rode to Steveston with him, along with Peter Bourne, when I first started to do longer distances. Hello to Lurch. See you soon. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Tiptoe!

Trust you are well and enjoying your new digs! How is The Generalissimo? Cheers, Patrice!


Hi Michelle!

Sounds like you are as busy as ever!

Hi Corinne and Il Conductore,

Are you back in town?  Thanks for the e-mail updates, I loved your anniversary dinner story though felt tipsy just reading about your escapades that night!
General Petreos said he is going through bridge withdrawl, and it's prime rhubarb season for scrumptious gluten free fruit crumble, so let's make a plan for some socializing.
L'chaim, Legs

Hi Legs! Gluten-Free Rhubarb/Crumble Away!!!

Terrific to hear from you and know that Generalissimo Petreos is up for a Grand Slam as well! Funnily enough, just had an email from Champagne Charlie and he and O Susannah are keen to play. The Penguin and Gladys Knight and The Pips are on deck, I believe! What more could one ask for? Opening ppoints? Any thoughts on possible dates. CC suggested in the next two weeks, at their place, but I'm sure "things" are flexible.

Just returned from a leisurely ride around Stanley Park. Felt pretty good after being off for more than three months. Of course, I'll be staying reasonably close to home for next little while, at least until I build up my fitness! Let me know your thoughts on Goren Get-Together. Fondestos from Cora "Hot Lips" Lee. Chat soon. Cheers and L'Chaim, Il Conduttore/Patrizzio!

Great pics!

Did I read this right? You had a nurse in your home? How sick were you?
Anyways, glad you are better.

Definitely have it here. My basement is overflowing with goodies - some too
big for my car. (hah)

We're off to Seattle for a travel trade convention Sunday to Wednesday. Will
be in touch when we get back. I will write the Penguin to see when her Pip
is in. 

Get back soon - thinking in the next couple of weeks as long as the 2 of you
can make it any long distances. C C


Hi Patrice,

Sorry to hear that Cora Lee would rather attend to the Young and the 
restless rather than the old and the relentless ! I'm glad to hear you're 
almost off the meds and about to hopefully return to your bold and beautiful 
self . I also got asked to do some volunteer work for the school making 
plywood discs for the grade 7's to paint on so I will be busy with that 
today. I did manage to finally get out for a ride yesterday as I rode to 
Champlain community center and to do Colleen's Cardio fitness class for an 
hour and then rode home again. needless to say my legs are rather sore 
today! I spent many hours constructing a new luggage rack for my bike which 
was very useful I'm pleased to say as it was an irritating thing that I had 
to carry everything in my backpack and now I can comfortably carry various 
items on the back.


Unfortunate that the weather looks like it will be soggy again this weekend 
as a ride would have been nice. I also wanted to get my old Chrysler out for 
a car show on Saturday but won't bother if it is raining as it doesn't hold 
out the weather very well and I don't want it to get wet Hopefully July and 
August will be a little warmer and drier!.

Take care and talk to you soon. Al


I maintain my earlier opinion - you need to start a blog. Still chuckling, though sorry to hear you caught pneumonia. Glad it happened at home though. At least close to home is in reach of the wine rack.

Take care, Michelle


Hi Marcus Aurelius et al!

Saw the dottore this morning and she gave me the go ahead to start cycling again! Your diagnosis was almost spot on, Concrete Man, as I had Double Pneumocroccus, a rare disease, transmitted from salties, (salt-water crocs), to humans whenever the human immune system lacks for malt! 

In fact, I just returned from a leisurely ride around Stanley Park. Felt pretty good after being off for more than three months. Seawall was jammed with other bikers and walkers. Made quite a change from March when it was almost deserted, even on weekends. Of course, I'll be staying reasonably close to home for next little while, at least until I build up my fitness and malt levels! Cheers, Il Conduttore!



Hi Pat

sounds like you had a fabulous trip to Australia and points East. Have trying for years to convince
Janice we need a winter vacation but she wont go. Officially it is Spring here but feels like winter
some days. 
Been working non stop 7 days a week for a couple of months it feels like. Building art and 
searching patents and visiting my Mother who spent 3 miserable weeks in hospital.
Spent most of today building giant ugly artwork which will be installed in the rain on Monday at GI.
If you feel like cheerleading come over to the Chocolate shop between Creekside and the Market
about 10:30...
Hope to go Kayaking in August for a week or so and visit Max in Berlin in October. Otherwise not
much holidays. Have to work on my flowers this summer since have to take a bunch to Palm Desert
end of October. Maybe I can spare you one. cheers Ron 

P,

Good news. Let us know when the malt kicks in. I recommend The Island Inn
Recovery Malt -- maybe quickly work up to 1.33 litres and then circle the
wagons.

G'us the word if you want to get a ride in. W

No comments:

Post a Comment