Thursday 14 June 2012

IIDS: Thursday, June 14th

The world in general doesn't know what to make of originality; it is startled out of its comfortable habits of thought, and its first reaction is one of anger. -W. Somerset Maugham, writer (1874-1965)








Hi Gail and Jack!

Trust you are both well. Sorry that it has taken me so long to say thank you for the pictures you sent! Cannot tell you how much I appreciate having them, especially since I have so few from Cyprus! Thanks again for wonderful snaps! Who know, we might even manage a visit this summer! Best wishes from Cora Lee. Cheers, Patrizzio!




Cora Lee and Toshi, Golden Temple, Kyoto
   Katyrna

                      Katyrna and Jérome


Hi Kateryna and Jérome!

Lovely to hear from you and know that even though you are both hard at work, you have plans for another holiday! For ourselves, we will take about three weeks in August to drive east to Winnipeg where Cora Lee's parents live. We have many friends and other family members there so it is great good fun. Enjoy drive across the country as well, stopping to visit with other friends, usually for a night, to help break up drive.

We are toying with a month or so in Panama in January or February. Never been so am curious to explore this country. Friend in our building has a house there and he raves about what a great place it is to visit. In June/July/August, (not quite sure of exact dates, at this point), we are planning a house exchange with friends in Cornwall. Once we know when this will take place, we'll let you know and perhaps you can join us for a week/weekend, depending on your schedules, preferences, etc. Maybe it could even be a business trip! Again, you are always welcome in Vancouver.

Anyway, don't feel obliged but if you are interested, you are more than welcome. We will be inviting many other friends, (from Europe as well as Canada), so it should be fun. We are hoping to spend some time on the continent as well so we might turn up on your doorstep! More later, as plans develop, of course.

Thank Katya for compliment! At least i take it as that! Even my own Mother tells me to be quiet and this is applauded by rest of my family!!! Best wishes from Cora Lee to you both. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Snaps: Toshi and Cora Lee in the grounds of the Golden Temple; Others taken on bus, shortly after we met.



Hi Champagne!


Would love to play bridge as I'm starting to feel quite a bit better. Have been on a course of RAN-Clarithromycin ever since you ran into The Sisterhood and it seems to have done away with whatever nasty bug it was I managed to pick up. Finish prescription tomorrow and have a follow-up appointment in the morning to make sure my chest is clear. Cannot really complain other than about my rather truculent nurse who was not at all interested in ministering to me in my hour of need, much preferring to watch her favourite soap opera, The Young & The Restless, while taking advantage of the fact that I couldn't drink alcohol while taking antibiotics, polishing off any and all the bottles in the wine rack! My dear Mom nursed all her working life and she would have cared for me if she had been able. This fell on deaf ears when I mentioned same to Ms Highly and Aggressively Unsympathetic! 


Funnily enough, just had an email from Legs and she is keen to play. The Penguin, Gladys Knight and The Pips! What more could one ask for? Any thoughts on possible dates. Best wishes from Cora Lee to you both. Cheers, Patrizzio!


Snap: Friends, Kathleen and Stefano, outside their home, Old Oak, north of Melbin', a few days before we left for Japan. Toshi and Cora Lee in the grounds of the Golden Temple, Kyoto.


Great pics!

Did I read this right? You had a nurse in your home? How sick were you?
Anyways, glad you are better.

Definitely have it here. My basement is overflowing with goodies - some too
big for my car. (hah)

We're off to Seattle for a travel trade convention Sunday to Wednesday. Will
be in touch when we get back. I will write the Penguin to see when her Pip
is in. 

Get back soon - thinking in the next couple of weeks as long as the 2 of you
can make it any long distances. C C



Hi TNT!


Another wonderful snap of your "Schoolgirls"! Best wishes from Cora Lee to you both. Cheers, Patrizzio!



Hi Big Al!


Glad you are enjoying wine, even if I can't! Seems like the Peleton is now on gardening duty as Whirlygig was pressed into concrete mixing by Marcus Aurelius!


Best wishes from Cora "Hot Lips" Lee to you and Marilyn. Cheers, Patrizzio!



Hi Brenda Louise!


How goes your knee? Have been on a course of RAN-Clarithromycin ever since I saw the dottore ten days ago, and it seems to have done away with whatever nasty bug it was I managed to pick up. Finish prescription tomorrow and have a follow-up appointment in the morning to make sure my chest is clear. Cannot really complain other than about my rather truculent nurse who was not at all interested in ministering to me in my hour of need, much preferring to watch her favourite soap opera, The Young & The Restless, while taking advantage of the fact that I couldn't drink alcohol while taking antibiotics, polishing off any and all the bottles in the wine rack! My dear Mom nursed all her working life and she would have cared for me if she had been able. This fell on deaf ears when I mentioned same to Ms Highly and Aggressively Unsympathetic! 


We did watch the episode in which Ruth is stabbed and dies! Had missed the sequel to one in which Roz is in the Saudi Embassy, as hostage. Used Cora Lee's Netflix subscription to watch it and was very pleased to have such access. I'm plan to watch from the very beginning, over time. Do you subscribe? Almost wsh I wasn't feeling better so that I could have an excuse to lie about and watch TV/read all day!


Must be grand to be your sister. Talk about Lives of the Rich and Famous!!! Best wishes from Cora "Hot Lips" Lee to you and Wally/Picasso. Cheers, Patrizzio!




Jessica Lewis wants to be friends with you on Facebook.






Forage, Tinsel Town

Amazing-ness....


Patrick James Dunn The Good Life in Tinsel Town! You "hated" tomatoes at on point, as I'm sure you will recall! You'll be dreaming about Forage when you visit in July, restricted as you will be to a gluten-free diet!!!


Ayn P Thank god I know the way to Kits for a souvlaki!


Patrick James Dunn Or Davie Street, as I just discovered a restaurant, (new to me), Takis' Taverna, a Greek-Cypriot place!














Bob Hope (May 29, 1903 - July 27, 2003) - Thanks for the memories. Tribute to a man who DID make a difference.

ON TURNING 70 'I still chase women, but only downhill'.
ON TURNING 80 ‘That's the time of your life when even your birthday suit needs pressing.'
ON TURNING 90 'You know you're getting old when the candles cost more than the cake.'
ON TURNING 100 'I don't feel old. In fact, I don't feel anything until noon. Then it's time for my nap.'
ON GIVING UP HIS EARLY CAREER, BOXING 'I ruined my hands in the ring. The referee kept stepping on them.'
ON NEVER WINNING AN OSCAR 'Welcome to the Academy Awards or, as it's called at my home, 'Passover'. 
ON GOLF 'Golf is my profession. Show business is just to pay the green fees.'
ON PRESIDENTS 'I have performed for 12 presidents and entertained only six.'
ON WHY HE CHOSE SHOWBIZ FOR HIS CAREER 'When I was born, the doctor said to my mother, congratulations, you have an eight pound ham.
ON RECEIVING THE CONGRESSIONAL GOLD MEDAL 'I feel very humble, but I think I have the strength of character to fight it.'
ON HIS FAMILY'S EARLY POVERTY 'Four of us slept in the one bed. When it got cold, mother threw on another brother.'
ON HIS SIX BROTHERS 'That's how I learned to dance. Waiting for the bathroom.'
ON HIS EARLY FAILURES 'I would not have had anything to eat if it wasn't for the stuff the audience threw at me.'
ON GOING TO HEAVEN 'I've done benefits for ALL religions. I'd hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality.'



Kid Chelene

Michele Darrow-Sutherland

               Along with a new home, Corey has picked up hidden talents with a mop I never knew he possessed!







Marvin Angelo Mercado






On my way to Victoria to see Nicole graduate from training tomorrow!



Marvin Angelo Mercado

Not a bad ferry ride









Hi Robert!

We left Vancouver on march 5th. Spent a week in Hong Kong and then flew to Sydney for another week before meeting Flamin' and Sarge in Melbin'. Rented a car and made our way, via Bendigo, Adelaide, (Clare, Barossa and McLaren Vale), to Coonawarra and then Mornington Peninsula. Back to Sydney, via Canberra, then to Hunter Valley for Easter Weekend. Then to Gold Coast/Brisbane and then flew to Cairns. F/S flew home from there and we continued on to Darwin for ten days, Kakadu and Lichfield while there. Back to overnight in Sydney and then to Melbourne again, for a week or so with close friends in Harcourt North, close to Castlemaine. (Peter knows them as Lynne was in Library School with Kathleen, Cora Lee and yours truly!) Back to Sydney, overnight, and then to Japan for three weeks: Aizuwakamatsu, Yudanaka, (both not all that far from Nagano), Osaka, Nagasaki, Hiroshima, Kyoto and Tokyo. Back home on May 31st.

We will take about three weeks in August to drive east to Winnipeg where Cora Lee's parents live. We have many friends and other family members there so it is great good fun. Enjoy drive across the country as well, stopping to visit with other friends, usually for a night, to help break up drive.

We are toying with a month or so, next year, in Panama, in January or February. Never been so am curious to explore this country. Friend in our building has a house there and he raves about what a great place it is to visit. In June/July/August, 2013, (not quite sure of exact dates, at this point), we are planning a house exchange with friends in Cornwall.










No comments:

Post a Comment