Thursday 21 June 2012

IIDS: Thursday, June 21st

Without the freedom to criticize, there is no true praise. -Pierre Beaumarchais, playwright (1732-1799) 





So... now your nickname should be Slice'n'Dice? (Likely it was instant
karma for Mom's injury - be careful what else you do, women and men
have different body parts, but Fate might decree redress in the same
part of your anatomy as Mom's...Ouch! (Be careful!) Deborah



Hi Kitchen Aid!


Fingare seems on the mend but I'm ultra careful with the razor's edge, let me tell you! I'm still the butt of The Sisterhood's mean spirited taunts as I've taken to wearing a surgical glove to keep affected finger dry when working in the kitchen. Cheers, Slice-and-Dice!


Snap: Offending "scalpel" and prophylactic!



Hi Patricio! Im really not the guy to ask! I...
42 still no clue
Hi Patricio! Im really not the guy to ask! I had a friend help me build my blog as I am pretty much computer illiterate. There must be an "upload image" option where you can pull up photos from your computer to use as the background. Good luck.
Hi again, Robertito! Thanks for replying. Still on the software trail!




Trip from 1425 Lamey's Mill Road, Vancouver, BC V6H 3W1 to Deep Cove Pizza, 4385 Gallant Ave, North Vancouver, BC V7G 1L1


Pat et al,

21K in 41 minutes - we'd better get new bikes, increase our lung 
capacities as well as our leg strength. Stopping for Pizza? How about a 
strawberry picking excursion one of these days soon? Anyone know of a good 
location? Ray



Hi Raymond!


I thought I should make the Deep Cove destination a food outlet to lure Ragin' into joining us! I suspect we should be able to reduce time to 30 minutes after superb outing to Iona!! We might take a ride to Steveston, returning on #6 Road to scope out any berry farms there before setting  date for picking. Perhaps The Sisterhood might drive to a location we decide upon and we could spend an hour or so picking before cycling back, leaving them to mule the fruits of our collective labour. If Their Royal Majesties are not interested in manual labour, The Brotherhood could bring panniers.


Weather looks like a spot of rain tomorrow but I'm still keen on Deep Cove. I suggest leaving Harbour Terrace around 9:00am. Let me know your thoughts.


Cheers, Il Conduttore!


Pat,

Thanks. Yes, great ride. 

I have passed the card along -- very thoughtful. I expect her to be jumping
out of her bowl. W


Hi Whirlygig!

Not sure if Robo Ray sent you the message about a strawberry picking excursion. Let me know your thoughts. Cheers, Slice-and-Dice!


Dear Flesh, turkey lasagne sans gore would have been good. 


Just emailed sarge told him I arrive 28 july around 1412. I think I wrote all this ... RU sure U didn't have extra maltage before you wrote just now.


Hope the digit is redeemable, you'll have to stir your scotch with a spoon. S.



Dear Durif!



Are you sure you didn't imbibe extra Dutif/Petit Verdot before you sent last email:


"just emailed sarge told him I arrive 28 july around 1412.  I think I wrote all this ... RU sure U didn't have extra maltage before you wrote just now."

I assume you meant June 28th! If Sarge has correct date and flight details don't bother to send them to me. Cheers, Slice-and-Dice!


Hi Patrick,



Great to hear from you. Mom must still have some pretty strong cosmic energy to have gotten back on you so quickly for nipping her finger. Hope yours recovers OK.

We got home last Wednesday night, June 13. Since then it's been quite hectic for me, playing catch-up in the vineyard and trying to revive my golf game. Only moderate success so far on both counts. I left the timed irrigation system on while we were away, fearful of drought, but of course it rained heavily so everything grew at a great rate and I'm trying to get everything under control.

We had a great 3 weeks in Austria, Czech, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary and Slovenia. Fred and Barb were excellent company and we ate, drank and laughed constantly the whole three weeks. Fred grew up mainly in Vienna, and in other parts of Austria during WW2, so is very knowledgeable of history of the region, although he had never been to the former communist countries. It was interesting to tie together the history and culture of the old Austro-Hungarian Empire, the ravages of WW1 and WW2, especially the impacts on the formerly large Jewish populations of the Nazis, the impacts of communism during the latter part of last century, and finally the transition of the countries to the free world and European economies. The languages, foods and drink of the countries were also fascinating and frequently intoxicating.

We look forward to getting together to hear about your great travels. All the best to you and Corinne, JDP and Lynne.

PS Why are we communicating through Linked-In? What happened to good old e-mail? I tried to send this response through Linked In but they told me it was too many characters.

Hi JDP and LLintheS:

Welcome Home! Glad to hear that your trip was such a delight. Sounded marvelous, from so many points of view, as you mention. Buona Fortuna with re-entry!

I sent along last message via Linked In as I receive updates, as I'm sure you are well aware, and used them, particularly while traveling, to send messages to people I may not have heard from in a bit. Funnily enough, I have run into character limitation myself, (I wonder why?), but I think my message to you was longer than the one system protested against sending on your behalf! I can only presume that it "understood" that the quality of your message registered much higher on the "capacity" scale than the quantity of mine!

Weather looks like a spot of rain tomorrow but I'm still keen on Deep Cove. I have suggested leaving Harbour Terrace around 9:00am. Probably about a 50K return journey, depending on how we finally decide to reach Dollarton Highway, via Lions Gate or Second Narrows. I prefer the former as the Iron Workers' bike path is very narrow and the traffic noise on the bridge, (mainly trucks), itself is horrendous.

We are planning a trip to Falcon Lake towards the end of July so am wondering if you might like an overnight visit. We will return before the end of August, (so if that timing is more convenient that is also a possibility), as we have friends from Perth arriving then. We have stayed with Bev and Kevin twice, in 2003 and 2006, when in WA. Met Kev in the '80's at VRC. He moved back to Oz in the early '90's. Bev is originally from Toronto and they will be there before flying to Vancouver.

Fondestos from Cora Lee to you both. Cheers, Slice-and-Dice!



Oohh, Patrick, that knife looks so ... so ... scary (is the best word I can 
come up with). Why did I look at that picture?! Knives and kneedles give me 
the kcreeps. Sounds as though you have found solutions to dealing with it, 
though. so that is a good thing (as MS would say).
I'm responding quickly to you message to let you know that a visit to The 
Naramata from the Island Inn inhabitants would be super. You are more than 
welcome anytime as you know. I'll leave it to you boys to sort out some 
suitable date(s). Petey has a clearer picture of what's on the calendar than 
I do at the moment. We're expecting Ted and Debbie for July 7-10. Ted is 
giving the Penticton Granfondo bike ride another chance to test his mettle. 
But those are the only dates marked for company so far this summer. Some old 
friends of mine from my teaching days in Sudbury were supposed to visit the 
last week in June but they had to cancel as both of them had some medical 
problems to deal with. Hopefully, they will be able to come another time. 
Karen, in particular, had been so intriqued with the idea of coming to 
Naramata. I'm very sorry they can't make it now.
Cheers for now, Lynnie XOXOXO

P.S. A travelogue is to come .... We had an awesome trip and almost as good 
a time with Barb and Fred as we have with you and Corinne!


Hi Pat,


Welcome back!


Spoke with Jim in Cochrane tonight. He sounded good, as always, and is just back from Ireland.


I don't know how to do that as i never tried to find out. The supplied background worked for me. 


Take care, bob

Hi Bob!

Thanks for your reply on template. Guess I'll seek help from Ragin', my Mac professional! Fondestos from Cora Lee to you both. Cheers, Slice-and-Dice!



Hello Patrick,

I'm rather concerned that the recent illness accompanied by many medications
seems to have had an affect on your mental health and has clearly given you 
a penchant for "cutting"! I've seen some shows on
this right between "Hoarders" and "my strange addiction" . I suggest the
doctor you see is one of the psychological type!!.
Seriously though sorry to hear about that ,sounds kind of painful on top of 
everything else that has been going on lately, A speedy recovery to you!

Other wise looks like you are getting out and about which is good to see, I
drove by the trail you were describing along Welsh st. as I had some
business in the area just yesterday and was amazed to see the transformation
from a few months ago. definitely looks like a fine addition.
I have three days left on another show doing yet another "cannon" job and 
then will look forward to joining in a ride. Take care, Al

Hi Big Al, et al!

Cora Lee just made an appointment for me with a shrink! I can hardly wait to tell him about the persecution I suffer at the hands of The Peleton and The Sisterhood. He'll need therapy after my first session!!!

Which show are you working on?  On another matter, altogether, does anyone know how to use a personal photograph as a template on Blogger? I can change from those provided but would like to use a pictures from latest trip. Weather looks like a spot of rain tomorrow but I'm still keen on Deep Cove. If Burnaby Beasts are keen, let me know. Fondestos from Cora Lee to each and every member of the Non-Riding Peleton. Cheers, Slice-and-Dice!

P,

With apologies, I am out tomorrow with obligations in the morning and a FND
match in the early evening.

As to the berry pickin, I think that is a a great plan. If it is before the
end of the month there may be one more Sister from here, ripe for the
pickin.

By the by, check out the free Jazz at the Jazz fest. We are going to see
some free Jazz on GI at noon tomorrow. W

George,

Too bad you are not available tomorrow. Weather looks a bit iffy anyway.

Sylvia thinks somewhere around no.4 Road and Steveston Highway but there 
might be some strawberry u-picks on no. 6 as well. We should try and get 
organized in the next week or so, as I think they're ready about now. 
Weather looks good on the 14 day forecast once past the weekend. Ray


Ray,

Enjoy your ride. 

Yes, let's get into the berry patch next week. I guess Pat will have to
utilize some sort of polo picking technique allowing him to ride down the
rows without putting a foot down? G






















No comments:

Post a Comment