Saturday 9 June 2012

IIDS: Saturday, June 9th

Be master of your petty annoyances and conserve your energies for the big, worthwhile things. It isn't the mountain ahead that wears you out - it's the grain of sand in your shoe. -Robert Service, writer (1874-1958)






It's the stillness that fills me with peace.


Hi Angler Man!

Are your lures packed? Your worms dug? Your beer chilled? Sorry I missed your call. 
Take care of Carlos and yourself. Have a great time. Keep the fish heads for Maggie. Give me a shout when you are back. Cheers, Il Pescatore!


Hello Patrick!


Your holiday continues to be quite the adventure!.
Couldn't quite figure out line: "Have asked Chloe to phone Whirlygig and ask him to put snow tires on rickshaw and install a kerosene heater. "

Thank you also for the postcards from Australia... couldn't quite make out anything else..... LOL
I met my son and family last week in Ontario and got together on 3 occasions with them so my eight days there were very rewarding and most exciting. My brother and nephew came to visit me in Mississauga from Ottawa as well/
My leg is still in bad condition but although it is not arthritis but perhaps bursitis on top of muscle or ligament pull I am taking Celebrex to keep me somewhat mobile. I did go to the hospital to check if there was any vascular problems but that was more of a procedure to eliminate possibilities.
My daughter and her partner bought a small house and some acreage near Red Lake and are moving today. It is a secluded spot alright! Are you back home yet?


Hi Brenda Louise!

Lovely to hear from you, especially since your visit went so well! Sorry to hear, however, that you are not completely over your leg difficulties but at least you are on the mend.

Whirlygig is a cycling chum and he said he would bring bikes to the airport to collect us. Given cool-ish weather and Madame Butterfly's lack of enthusiasm for cycling, I thought a rickshaw with heater, for her, might be appropriate! Illegible post cards are sent with malice of forethought. This way you'll need to invite us to stay to decipher! Or else come to Vancouver with them. Time you did, by the way. Get Dana to leave Red Lake for a weekend to take care of Picasso and see the big city lights! Congrats to her and her partner on their purchase. Yes, we are finally home!

No comments:

Post a Comment