Thursday 13 September 2012

IIDD, Try: Thursday, September 13th

In the cellars of the night, when the mind starts moving around old trunks of bad times, the pain of this and the shame of that, the memory of a small boldness is a hand to hold. -John Leonard, critic (1939-2008)
 



 Lads,

Sorry lads, I have to renege on the ride this morning. My assignments have come in and although they pale in relation to the kitchen renovations and the Bodum wars, I am anchored here this morning.

My UBC Sports Med appointment is this afternoon so I think I will do some sprints just to test my leg. Let me know the plan for Friday. I hope to be available to ride Friday.Enjoy. W




Too bad, George. Sorry, can't ride Friday. See at at 9:15, Pat. Ray




Hi all,
Well, the kitchen is almost complete and to mark the occasion, and thank the folks who have had to listen to the plans, the moans & groans, or actually helped ( Peter),  we would like to host a party!
I am proposing either Sept 22 evening or Sept 29 evening.
It will be pot luck re: desserts, salads and appies but we will make the main course and pototoes ( from our garden). Let me know your availability so we can settle on a date. We can then also figure out who can bring what.
Looking forward to hearing from you! Sylvia Banks
Hi Sylvia, et al!

Great to see the finished kitchen! Congratulations to all involved. As I mentioned when we popped by with Bev/Kev, en route to YVR, the 29th is the only night for us as we will be in Parksville, house/cat sitting for The Millionaires until the 26th. Apparently this is what happens to you if you don't pay your contractor on time or drink too, too much wine! Cheers, Patrizzio!

You  might both enjoy this pictorial preview. Ray

 Hi again, Sylvia, and Ray!

Corinne just walked in the door and when I told her about the 29th she informed me that we already have an engagement that night!. Sorry, but you probably should go ahead with the gathering on either of the two dates you mentioned as it may well be difficult, if not impossible, to get everyone free on the same evening. We'd like to come, of course, but can't on those two dates.

Thanks for Downtown article Ray. What with all the recorded  shows we have to view not sure if we'll ever catch up! Might have to become a Man of Leisure. Any tips as you seem to have made the transition without too, too much difficulty!

Thanks again for the grand spin out to HB. Really was such a wonderful day for it. I continued on to UBC, as you know, and made for Crown. Down into Musqueam and then back along MD for a dipsy-doodle on road leading to Thunderbird, turning left to go along West Mall for a a kilometre or so, and then back, to give me 101K by the time I was at the bottom of the Foreshore Hill. Was able to keep up a pretty good pace, along Spanish Banks, with the wind at my back, more or less, to bring my AVG to 20.4kph over 5:29:51 for a grand total of 112.2K.

Kev and I delivered VIWF programs on GI after I was home and had a bite to eat and a cup of Bodum coffee!
For dinner I made a salad consisting of your lettuce, carrots, cuke and tomatoes, topped off with feta and green onion. Bev loved your beets and we ate them, drizzled with vinegar, as she likes them that way, together with the salad. They had enjoyed a fairly substantial lunch so didn't want a large dinner. Thanks again for lovely vegetables. Sorry we missed you this evening but know you were tutoring.

Anyway, apologize for confusion about 29th. Cheers, Patrizzio!
The next gathering could be Sunday, the 28th of October. There has been some discussion about meeting on another day of the week – perhaps Friday, or another day. Please let us know your preference as to what day works best for your schedule.   

It is Dave’s turn to choose a book and he has asked that others choose on his behalf. The next book will be chosen by Pat if he is willing. Mark to choose the book to follow Pat’s.
Hello Fellow NRBCers!

I'm happy to suggest a title but am a tad confused, (It was clear as mud...), to the extent that if I suggest the veddy, veddy next book, for Dave, so to speak, do I still suggest one after that? Not a big deal but I believe we need a legal ruling from Guy to provide guidance in these murky bibliographic waters. Of course, if we had a constitution then we would know, from the get go, which regulations pertained and could assess appropriate fines for non-shows, failure to read, finish and/or suggest titles. Until then, I await the learned decision from His Honour, Lord Riecken of East Vancouver and environs, yea unto the nether regions of Burnaby and North Vancouver, the malarial swamps of Richmond and the Birkenstock infested streets of Upper Kits.

I remain, as ever, in the service of your esteemed masters, the humble landlord of The Islay Inn. Cheers, to one and all of you good gentlemen, Il Conduttore!



No comments:

Post a Comment