Tuesday 4 September 2012

IIDD, Try: Tuesday, September 4th, Ayn's 45th Birthday!!!

Ah, good taste, what a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness. -Pablo Picasso, painter and sculptor (1881-1973)


 
 my favorite part of my birthday today is where everybody has to do whatever I say...LOL!

 Mask
"He stares at himself in the mirror, the curls now grey, the crow's feet deepening like grooves worked into wood."
C.B. Forrest; The Devil's Dust; Dundurn; 2012.

 Quizzical

How is it possible to be even pushier than you already are? Happiest of Happy Birthdays, Ayn! For She's a Jolly Good Fellow! For She's a Jolly Good Fellow!! For She's a Jolly Good Fellow! WHICH Nobody Can Deny! Hip Hip Hooray!!! Hip Hip Hooray! Hip Hip Hooray! Much Love, Dad!!!


Thanks Poppa!!! Love to all and I will be bossy all day!! 


FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnE!!!!!! We'll call this evening!!!
             

                   Oma





Femme Fatale













Pat and George,
    Either of you gents riding tomorrow? Not 100% sure I can at this point but interested if things work out at my end. Ray 

Ray,

I’m in. Do I need to come over there with my tools tonight to allow you to ride tomorrow?

Let me know what time might work for you. G
 

George,
    Job is nearing completion,  so I'm definitely available tomorrow. Wouldn't mind a 50K or so road ride. Maybe we can tie up with Mark in the Burnaby area. 9 am start? Flexible on the time. Ray
I suggest we meet at 9:00 at the Heartbreak Terrace and head to the LGB and parts north.

If Mark wants to join us then maybe we can ride out the central valley, meet him, and do a tour of New West.

Any route and time is fine by me. G

I''ll have to pass thanks gents - out of the blue my back is giving me some grief. Mayhap I haven't done enough post-cycle stretching of late...Mark


Hi Marcus Aurelius, et al!

Sorry to hear about your back Mark. See everyone else at The Heartbreak Hotel at 9:00am, Wednesday! We can tailor ride en route to LGB. Cheers, Il Conduttore

See you there.  

Oh Sugar Babyyyyy....your BFF is taking me to Sammy's for the Messy Sundae for my birthdaaaaay!!!
My birthday sundae!

Thanks for letting us know.  99  It just seems such a long time.  It was so nice that she was almost next door to you.   Easy to drop in and keep current as to what was going on.  Of course we will be thinking of her on her birthday for years to come.

As many keep saying "getting old isn't for sissies"  but then again watching someone you love getting older isn't easy either.  I think you & Corrine have done a great job.

We will keep in touch.  I was hoping we might come your way b/4 we went to FL.  Time is going by too fast.  I guess we will try again next summer. Gail

Hi Pat,
I just sent my friend Christer packing at 5 o'clock this morning, so now a different life starts after two weeks, which have been hectic and great fun at the same time. He has now seen everything there is to see in Greater Vancouver, and on top of that we spent two days in Whistler and one at the cabin. He was duely impressed.    
Unfortunately, his exchange partner, Ms Anne Brand of Illahee, does not seem to have had a great time in Stockholm. Worst weather in a century, all on her own, no Internet in the house, and a collapsed telephone! She will be staying in Christer's flat for another ten days while he spends time with his old mum in Gävle. After that she will hopefully have a great time in England with her daughter.
Are you home yet? Any bike rides planned? Best to you and Corinne, Kjell

Just on my way out. Sorry to hear about your mother. No matter how old, a parent's death always gives rise to melancholy feelings. And after the last parent is dead, "Who's next?", as Tom Lehrer said.
I'm going into town now. Having supper with Snobby at a grubby Vietnamese restaurant on East Broadway later on. Be back soon. Kjell


Hi Julie/Richard:

First two messages, (hotmail and telus accounts), were not able to be delivered?

Hello Famiglia Martini!

Thanks to everyone for the menu items you have settled upon: Federico/Juhli with sushi appetizers; Mick/Polly a "secret" salad; Robo Ray/Sylvia a beet and goat cheese salad; Wild Bill/Denise a cheesecake. Everything sounds wonderful. That leaves either another appetizer or a dessert from Ricardo/Julie. Please reply to me so that I can post to list so that everyone's mouths can start watering! Cheers, Il Conduttore!  
Hi Il Conduttore,
We can bring Julie's fruit crumble!  See you tomorrow! Cheers, Richard.
Hi Patrick

Thank you very much for your donation,first of all and glad to hear that you had another fabulous vacation.
 
Very sorry to hear about your mother.  It is never easy to see someone sick and suffering but when it is someone you lobe dearly , it is extremely difficult.   We all know that there is a time to say good-bye but it is never easy.  Ironically the longer you have them with you, the more you think they can make it through any episode of ill health.  We will say a prayer for her and you guys to get through this journey.  Say hello to all. Peggy
 


No comments:

Post a Comment