Friday 28 September 2012

IIDD, Try: Thursday, September 27th

Perhaps the best cure for the fear of death is to reflect that life has a beginning as well as an end. There was a time when you were not: that gives us no concern. Why then should it trouble us that a time will come when we shall cease to be? To die is only to be as we were before we were born. -William Hazlitt, essayist (1778-1830)

Hi Flash!

Trust all gores well with you busy household. Sorry I've not sent anything along sooner. No excuses but plenty of reasons!!! A any rate, the text of what I'd like to have on the inside of the program is attached. I assume you can make it fir by adjusting font size, etc. On the outside, I'd like a number of pictures. A number are included but I don't think they will be used. Have sent them along as examples, so we can play with layout, etc. I will have more that will need to be scanned first. I assume that you will be able to do that. Once we have both sides to a certain stage, I think that will end your "responsibility" as I know you are probably even busier getting ready to fly to Cuba!

So, to the second part. Wondering when it might be possible to meet to do a "rough" draft. I'm free, basically, until you leave, with the exception of between 8:00am-10:00am, Saturday morning, when we are taking Maggie to the SPCA to have her teeth looked at! You may be called upon, by Cora Lee, to do memorial programs for both ChloĆ« and I, as we may well be "shredded", attempting to get The Devil Cat into a carrier cage! 

Again, I apologize for the "squeeze". However, I don't think it will take all that much time, given your incredible expertise and facility with Photoshop and the like. If possible, given her busy schedule, I'd like Cora Lee along to say "yea" or "nay" about some of the design elements, pictures, etc. I know the two of you have the "eye" for such things. While I might insist on one picture over another, per esempio, I am more than happy to let you two make the final editing decisions.

So let me know what you think and we'll plan accordingly. I'll be at home most of tomorrow so you can give me a shout or send along an email. Almost forgot, Lurchesca is here for the night and sends along greetings to you and your Hareem!!! We enjoyed a 2004 Grange from Grogg's cellar on Tuesday. Lives of the Rich and Famous!!! Cheers, Patrizzio!


 Hi Pat, 
Information received. I don't shove off until Tuesday, first thing, so there is ample time to complete this project. A couple of quick questions - are we looking at a standard 8 1/2x 11 inch page, folded in half, or did you want to do 11x17, folded? Not that it matters but I thought in order to start… Also, did you want to put in an order of service in here? Any prayers, hymns, elegies, pronouncements, etc?

-A.

I'll get cracking. And please give my love to Francesca - we received her anniversary message just as they were steeping on the plane to France, and their post card from the Eiffel Tower.




Hi Pat,
To start, I just dropped the text you wrote into an letter-sized page, figuring you would be able to fold it in half. Obviously on the inside left and on the back of the folded page there is nothing, yet. Let me know what you think about the way the copy you wrote is set . I wonder if it might be a bit dense for one-half of a page - perhaps we should consider a larger page or go for the copy on the entire inside of the page? At any rate, let me know what you think and we can discuss tomorrow. I'm shooting all day but it's a pretty relaxed gig so we can discuss.

-A.



Mark has chosen Thinking, Fast and Slow, by Daniel Kahneman to follow David Adams Richards' River of the Broken Hearted (Pat).

The date of the next gathering will be the evening of Sunday, 28 October, at the Islay Inn. 

Misha,

Pat has a copy of the next book – he has finished it. Please contact him. G

Thanks George.
 
Pat please let me know if I can borrow it and when.
 
Grazie. Misha 

Hi all, please forgive me for this mass email, but I am trying to get everything done before I leave in about half an hour!!!

As many of you know, I have been training to walk the Camino de Santiago in Spain.  Several people have indicated an interest in following the walk with me.  Some suggested a blog, but I have no idea how to set that up, so I have settled for public postings on Facebook.  That way, you don't have to "friend" me, although you may still have to create an account.  I am not sure about that part.

Anyway, I thought that I would let you know what I am up to.  If you don't want to follow my progress, I totally understand.  No need to reply to this email either, as I know that you are all busy people.  Please feel free to pass this on to anyone who you think might be interested.

I am flying out to Paris this evening, then taking the train tomorrow to St Jean Pied de Port in the foothills of the Pyrenees.  I start the actual walk on Sunday.  Please see what you can do about arranging sunshine for me. I will be in touch!! Best, Ann

Hi Patricio, et al.

Yes I would have to say that is a very impressive ride as well and congratulations! Clearly there is nothing standing in you way now of partaking in the Gran Fondo or better yet bring on the tour de France!
As for myself, I recently did a ride on two wheels but of the motorized kind.
I went down to Anacortes last weekend on a motorcycle trip (see pics.)as there is an annual event that takes place down there called the Oyster run. I went down with our friend and Jacob’s soccer coach Ivan and a few of his friends We  rented a house for a couple of nights and rode down Friday night and perused the town of Anacortes and it’s bars and then Saturday rode down to the the bottom of Whidbey Island . We arrived back and did more perusing of the town where they were gearing up for the big event on Sunday, there were band stands and beer gardens and many people cruising around on bikes as well as custom cars etc.
Sunday Morning nursing a bit of a hangover we went down to La Conner for brunch ,the weather was beautiful and the scenery was fantastic as we cruised along beside rolling hills and pastures skirting the mountains of Fidalgo island. We then rode back to Anacortes where the Oyster run was now in full swing with hundreds and hundreds of bikes coming into town. They park them all in four rows down the center of Commercial st. which is the main drag downtown. At it’s height around two o clock there had to be no less than ten thousand bikes parked and or cruising around the town .
Interestingly this event started  in 1981 with a group on nine guys going out for the last run of the year and over the years has just grown exponentially to what it is.
It was fun cruising around in a pack and I felt like something out of Rebel with out a cause as we cruised around with little or no muffled exhaust and terrified the locals in Anacortes and up into Bellingham I got a real chuckle out of cruising by and seeing kids covering their ears and cowering in fear as we passed by! For the record, I averaged 140 km/hour over 3.33 hours each way as well as killing 213 bugs and 5,304,333.00 brain cells!

Happy Birthday!!!! Hope Nicole is spoiling you today. Have a good one :)
  • Nicole Marie He's been working all day! But have a nice day planned on Saturday :)
  • Patrick James Dunn For He's a Jolly Good Fellow! Hip Hip Hooray! Cheers Marvinator!!!
  • Marvin Angelo Mercado Thanks pat. Having a nice glass of tantalus Pinot nior as we speak!
  • Patrick James Dunn And to think that Nicole Marie didn't even know what Pinot Noir was or that you even existed but a few years ago! Congratulations again. Cheers, Patrizzio!
Thanks for the birthday love everyone. Finally finished a long day and enjoying some cheese cake (made by Nicole) and a very nice glass of wine!
I really liked,

Laury

This band sings a version that will knock your socks off ... a Navy vet
sings the lead.

http://www.starspangledbannerchallenge.com/
 

Hi Ann!

Congratulations on walking the Camino de Santiago in Spain! We know a number of friends who have undertaken the trek so understand some of what it involves. Buona Fortuna! Will be curious to follow your progress.Fondestos from Cora Lee to you and your trekking feet!!! Cheers, Patrizzio!
Hi, thanks for your email.  I will be away but will have some access to email over this period.  All the best, Ann




No comments:

Post a Comment